Laser dentistry is a precise new innovation if the field of dental technology. Laser Dentistry is also an effective way to perform many dental procedures from simple root canals and tooth extractions to implants and dental crowns. In recent years, laser dental technology has also been proven to help minimize pain and recovery time for almost every major dental surgery and procedure.
Major Benefits of Laser Dental Technology:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require oral stitches, as skin may be cauterized on site, reducing healing time and post-procedure pain.
- Laser dentistry minimizes oral bleeding, as the high-energy beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus greatly reducing blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are virtually non-existent, as the high-energy laser beam sterilizes the area being operated on.
- Damage to surrounding oral soft tissue is minimized, creating less on-site irritation and reducing healing times and discomfort.
- Oral wounds associated with oral surgeries typically heal faster, as soft tissues can be regenerated quicker.
The application of lasers in the dentistry field now allows experienced dentists to perform a wide variety of dental procedures and oral surgeries that they otherwise may not have been capable of performing. Because we are able to utilize these revolutionary new technologies, we have become adept at incorporating the state-of-the-art precision technology into various hard and soft-tissue dental procedures.
Hard Tissue (Tooth & Jawbone) Laser Dentistry Procedures:
- Cavity Detector
- Dental Fillings/Tooth Preparation
- Tooth Removals & Extractions
- General Cleanings & Oral Checkups
Soft Tissue (Gum & Muscle Tissue) Laser Dentistry Procedures:
- Crown Creation & Lengthening
- Gum Disease Treatment
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula)
- Soft Tissue Folds (Epulis)
Other Laser Dentistry Uses:
- Viewing Tooth and Gum Tissues
- Benign Tumor Detection & Treatment
- Cold Sores Treatment
- Nerve Regeneration
- Teeth Whitening
- Temporomandibular Joint Treatment (TMJ Treatment)
Please contact Robbie Smith DDS to learn more about our advanced dental laser technology, and how we can use laser dental treatments to whiten and brighten your smile!